Regardless of whether you’re new to using contact lenses or are a contact lens veteran, here at Coloured Contact’s we’ve composed this handy guide to help you care for, and get the most out of your newly acquired lenses!
Contact lenses are delicate accessories that have to be cared for appropriately to reduce the risk of infection. By following the next few steps, we can help you get the most out of your wicked new accessories and ensure that your style stays looking awesome for longer:
Always Wash Your Hands
- It is paramount that you always wash or clean your hands suitably before handling your contacts. Bacteria can be easily spread and this where and how most eye infections are caused. This applies to the inserting, removing and transporting stages of contact lens usage. Apart from bacteria, there is also the risk of debris coming into contact with your pupil/iris, which can result in a number of uncomfortable circumstances.
Sharing ISN’T Caring!
- In the case of contact lenses, sharing really is not caring. Here at Coloured Contacts we highly recommend that you DON’T share your contacts, even if it is between you and your best friend! This is another instance where bacteria can be spread. We want you to be able to enjoy your lenses, so instead of sharing, why not point your friends/family in the direction of where you bought them, so they too can enjoy a pair!
Don’t Sleep With Your Lenses In
- Although, sometimes, it’s easy to forget that you’ve got a pair of lenses in, we highly recommend that you DON’T sleep with a pair of lenses in. If you were to sleep with a pair in, your eyes are likely to dry out very quickly, resulting in symptoms such as redness, itching and severe pain. If you do sleep with them in, or experience similar symptoms, we highly recommend you seek immediate medical advice.
- Storing for your lenses in the correct manner is paramount for ensuring you get the most out of their recommended duration. You should always store them in an approved eye-safe solution within a suitable storage contain. (Make sure your chosen container, if not a specific lens storage pot, is thoroughly cleaned before use). Here at Coloured Contacts we offer these items to all of our customers, no matter which lenses you opt for, so be sure to check them out here: https://www.colouredcontacts.com/en/view-all-contact-lenses-/10001-vizulize-eye-care-solution-set.html
Don’t Be Afraid Of The Optician!
- Here at Coloured Contacts we take eyesight seriously. If at any point, whether pre or post-purchase, you have any concerns surrounding whether or not you’re suitable for non-prescription lenses, we highly recommend seeking immediate advice from an eye-care professional. In doing so, they will be able to best advise you on which steps to take next.
Suspicion Is Good. If In Doubt, Throw Them Out!
- If your lenses look suspicious, then now’s the time to throw them out! From wilting sides to torn edges, wearing such defected lenses can often lead to unnecessary discomfort and infections. If you’re not sure as to whether your lenses look like they should, then it’s always best to be safe than sorry!
As with anything, here at Coloured Contacts we recommend that your keep non-prescriptive contact lens use restricted to short, sharp bursts. Treat your style once in a while to a splash of colour, but remember that suitable care is essential for maintaining the healthy upkeep of your wicked new eye-wear accessories!