With Carrie’s Siren costume DIY tutorial video, you can recreate this Siren look at home. Whether you want to buy a few new supplies such as gems and coloured contact lenses or would prefer to try it out using makeup items you already own, such as blue eyeshadow, you can adapt this tutorial to make your own Siren makeup. Check out the video below to get started with your Siren makeup look.
Follow along with Carrie in her tutorial video to complete your Siren Halloween makeup. Check out the accompanying step by step guide below to help you keep track of each element at your own pace. We love watching Carrie’s video to see all the clever techniques she uses for her Siren Halloween costume and they are often completed using tools that most of us already own! This budget-friendly mermaid costume is perfect for so many fancy dress occasions and themes including a switch up from the usual Halloween monsters.
- Step 1: Apply a glowy skin primer
- Step 2: Create a full brow with your product of choice. An angled brush and some eyebrow gel will help to give a natural finish.
- Step 3: Create a crisp line under the brow and on the eyelid using concealer and blend it out.
- Step 4: Dab light blue eyeshadow or body paint into the corner of your eye and just above your eyelid, then add a dramatic wing using your tool of choice or use a piece of tissue to create a defined line, like Carrie.
- Step 5: Blend in a dark blue eyeshadow or body paint shade into the corner of the eye and over the wing.
- Step 6: Apply a concealer matching your skin tone beneath the eyebrow.
- Step 7: Add an even darker blue to the corner of the top of your eyelid.
- Step 8: Apply a gold shimmer eyeshadow to your eyelid.
- Step 9: Line your eyelid with black eyeliner and create a black wing under the blue makeup.
- Step 10: Add a little bit of light blue makeup under the eye.
- Step 11: Apply your foundation taking care to clean any fallout and going around the eye makeup.
- Step 12: Apply concealer under the eyes, on the nose, chin and forehead then blend.
- Step 13: Add a cream blush to your cheeks and blend.
- Step 14: Use a cream contour under the blush and blend.
- Step 15: Add some freckles with freckle makeup or by flicking body paint from a paintbrush. Blend the freckles a little.
- Step 16: Powder the forehead.
- Step 17: Use a setting spray or mist.
- Step 18: Apply your highlight.
- Step 19: Take skin-friendly glue and apply it above the eyes then add gems. Stick on a few at a time on each eye in any pattern you like, whether you want it symmetrical or random.
- Step 20: Apply mascara to the upper lashes.
- Step 21: Apply shimmering blue eyeliner to the lower waterline.
- Step 22: Apply mascara to the lower lashes.
- Step 23: Apply statement false eyelashes.
- Step 24: Choose your lip colour or blend several colours to create an ombre lip, depending on where you want the focus to be.
- Step 25: Add your coloured contact lenses.
The Aqua Mermaid Coloured Contact Lenses are the perfect addition to this look. They feature a black limbal ring and two tone blue iris for a striking visual impact. The bright pigmentation is perfect for all kinds of fantasy makeup but is especially suited to mermaids and associated mythical sea creatures.
Some of our other favourite mermaid contact lenses for this look are:
- Blue Celestial Coloured Contacts
- Blue Elf Coloured Contacts
- Sakura Pink Coloured Contacts
- Galaxy Coloured Contacts
- White Vampire Lestat Coloured Contacts
Stay tuned to see the second part of Carrie’s Siren costume if you want to add a touch of SFX Halloween gore to your makeup with a scary monster theme.
If you try out your own Mermaid Siren costume with mermaid coloured contact lenses we would love to see the results! Make sure to tag us on Instagram, TikTok and more for your chance to have your work shared.