1.2. Data Collection & It's Purposes
The following data can be collected from you when you use our website. Data is primarily used to aid the successful completion of an order, but it can be stored for other purposes (detailed below).
1.2.1. Information can be collected when a customer fills in forms on our site. Information collected and stored at the point of order is as follows:
- Customer Name
- Customer Email Address
- Customer Billing / Delivery Address
- Customer Phone Numbers
- Customer IP Addresses
- Customer Visit Referrers
- Customer Browser User Agents
You may also be required to provide your information when you enter any competition or promotion, but this will be detailed at the point of entry for each specific competition/promotion. This information can be used for marketing and additional services (which a customer can opt in or out of).
1.2.2. Information can also be collected automatically during visits to our site. These are stored by web analytics tools that we use to report on, and check diagnostics of our website. The dimensions and metrics collected by the software are anonymous. Information collected by this software can include, but isn’t limited to, the following information:
- Date/Time Of Website Visit
- Device Type
- Location (Country)
- Web Browser Type & Version
- Operating System
- Listed URLS Of Pages Entered Through, Interacted With & Exited By
For a full and comprehensive list of how your data may come into contact with other sites, please refer to the Data Sharing Policy.
1.2.3. Additional information details logistics referring to the orders you placed on our site including, but not limited to:
- Identity and quantity of Products ordered and the price paid;
- Prescription details of contact lenses;
- Payment method and status;
- Delivery Method;
- Discount and promotion codes including refer-a-friend referrer and referee details.
1.2.4. Information provided and collected from your correspondence with us. This includes, but is not limited to, enquiries regarding orders, products and services we offer. Information (such as customer email address) can be taken from the following types of contact that can be made in order to aid the fast resolution of customer enquiries.
- Postal Correspondence
- Telephone Call Recordings
- Live Chat Transcripts
1.2.5. Your data may be collected in responses to surveys/questionnaires that a customer has chosen to answer. This data will be anonymous and used for statistics and sales reporting.
1.3. How We Use Data
1.3.1. Arcadant B.V. is the "data controller" for all the information processed by Coloured Contacts.
1.3.2. We will retain any data we collect in relation to orders for 1 year. After a year has passed, and no further orders have been placed, the order information will have any personally identifiable information removed. Information such as country of purchase, products ordered and order value will be stored in the interest of reporting and identifying purchasing trends.
1.3.3. Your data is shared with specific third-party companies in the interest of;
- Successfully Processing Payments
- Aiding The Postage Process via Courier Services
We will not share your information with other third parties not stated in our Data Sharing Policy unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy.
1.3.4. All personal data is stored securely. Our site can only be accessed through encrypted and secure SSL links. Please check for the green padlocked logo in the URL bar to ensure that your connection to our website is secure and legitimate. For more details on security see the clause below (security).
1.3.5. Any or all of the above data may be accessed by our web team from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our site. Specifically, data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal Record Keeping
- Improvement of Our Products & Services
- Transmission Of Emails For Marketing Purposes
- Contact for Market Research Purposes via Email, Telephone, Fax or Mail.
1.4. How Data Is Shared
We may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of the site. The providers of such services may have access to certain amount personal data provided by you. Please find the full details of who we share data with on our Data Sharing Policy.
1.5. Changes Of Business Ownership And Control
1.5.2. We may also disclose data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
1.5.3. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
1.6. Controlling Use Of Your Data
Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
1.7. Your Rights To Your Data
As stated in our GDPR Information, you have the following rights when it comes to accessing, managing and controlling your data. As the data controller, we have the obligation to assist with the following upon request.
- Provide a copy of the data we currently hold
- Update or rectify errors within the personal data we currently hold
- Remove your personal data entirely from our database and servers
- Give more information on how we collect, process and store your data
You are able to decide when and where your data is used on our site. If there are any changes or alterations to the ways in which we manage and store customer data. Each affected individual will be notified of this change. The data can be removed from the system at any time
1.8.1. Data security is of great importance to us and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via this Site.
1.8.2. If you choose, or you are provided with, a user id, password or any other information as part of our security protocol, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user id or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms.
1.9.1. This Site may place and access certain Cookies on your computer or device. We have carefully chosen these Cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
1.9.2. All Cookies used by this Site are used in accordance with current EU Cookie Law.
1.9.3. Before the Site places Cookies on your computer for the first time, you may be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling us to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of the Site may not function fully or as intended.
1.9.4. This Site may place the following Cookies on your computer or device:
- Strictly necessary cookies - these are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies - they allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies - These are used to recognize you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
1.9.5. You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the Site more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
1.9.6. It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.